E-Book-News, March 2012
Babelfisch reloaded: Doppeltext offline via iBooks, Calibre & Co. nutzen
ActuaLitté, March 2012
Une nouvelle génération d'ebooks bilingues grâce à Doppletext
eReaders, March 2012
Leer een taal met de tweetalige ebooks van Doppeltext
The Digital Reader, March 2012
Doppeltext Launches Unique Bilingual eBook Service
netzwertig.com, November 2011
Doppeltext vereint Originalliteratur mit ihrer Übersetzung
E-Book-News, October 2011
Babelfisch de luxe: Doppeltext erleichtert fremdsprachige Klassiker-Lektüre
- Doppeltext was created by Igor Kogan and Tatiana Zelenska.
- We are based in Munich, Germany.
- The idea was born in November 2010 while Igor was reading Charles Dickens on the iPod Touch.
- We have spent six months developing the alignment algorithm.
- The German website, featuring more than 100 bilingual ebooks, was launched in October 2011.
- The English website was launched in January 2012.
- The bilingual books can be read in a browser or downloaded in multiple formats.
- Currently supported languages are English, German, French, Spanish and Russian.
- We would like to offer contemporary literature as well, and are going to contact publishers in the next months.
- We finance Doppeltext from our own resources.
- Igor is an independent developer and designer: www.nowrap.de
- Further questions?
Browser reading app
JPG, 1600x980 px
Available book formats
The dual language books can be downloaded as interactive ePub files for Apple Books. When you click on a text fragment, the literary translation is displayed directly above the text. If you would like to try it on your iPad or iPhone, download a dual language short story by
ZIP archive, JPG/PNG/AI